Saturday, October 22, 2011

Birthday Sizzle.

Today is my birthday and it is a BIG Sizzle!! Here are my birthday cake and goodies!!! Delicious carrot cake plastered with walnuts and  whipped cream cheese icing. Then it was topped with raspberries and thinly sliced white chocolate. Finger licking good!

We went on a nearly 3 hour hike at Billy Goat Trail A off the tow path at Great Falls, Maryland.It is beautiful and scary!! We hiked and climbed on several rocky hills that were hard for everyone to climb. I want to highlight one very steep hill which was pretty challenging and scary too. I took my time crawling down the rocks like a spider. You can see from the picture that the rocks had a steep downward slant..whew... I did it!

Terry, my sweetheart took me to Todai Seafood and Sushi buffet restaurant for my special birthday treat at Fair Oaks Mall. This place serves some pretty good food ... so many different kinds of sushi and seafood prepared in so many different ways.. and desserts - - chocolate fondue to crepe made to order at the dessert counter...yummy!  ... but beware of all those Asians fighting their way to be in front of you to get their food first. It doesn't matter if you are scooping first. It is like Costco in Gaithersburg giving away free goodies at lunch time. Everyone wants some! :) And by these photo, you can see why!

What a special and beautiful way to spend my birthday... Thank you, dear, Terry!!!!

1 comment:

  1. very good memories from your birthday. I had such a good time that weekend !

    ReplyDelete